05 October 2011

Stolen Child Tarot - a Major Arcana Deck, by Monica Knighton

I'm back with a new deck that seeks the means to be finished and get published through the use of a fund-raising site (this time that site is Kickstarter). And yes I'd love to see it published!

The artist of this deck in the making is Monica Knighton, who we know as the creator of the Tarot Of The Dead, someone who knows about tarot and self-publishing (she published the first edition of her deck herself).

The name and inspiration for this deck came from one of her favourite poems, the Stolen Child, by William Butler Yeats  -- in particular the refrain:
“Come away, O human child!
To the waters and the wild
With a faery, hand in hand,
For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand.”



There are more images on Monica's Facebook page
The KicksSarter page  for it is here

1 comment:

  1. Sadly the fund-raiser was not successful this is what the artist wrote afterwards:

    Hi all,

    As you've probably gotten a note from Kickstarter, you may already know that The Stolen Child didn't reach the funding goal it needed.

    I want to thank all of you so much for your support pledging and telling others about this project. While I'm sad it's over, I've had a great time sharing the artwork and have met a lot of great folks who were just as excited about it as I was. I truly appreciate everyone's help and enthusiasm.

    While I'm going to have to shelve The Stolen Child right now -- I'm freelancing and have to focus on work that pays the bills rather than personal projects-- I hope to return to it in the future. If you would like to recieve an email update when I return to the project, you can send me your address at: monica.noborders @ gmail.com I promise no spam!

    Thanks again,

    Monica

    ReplyDelete