13 July 2010

Italtel - Il Tarocco (aka Il tarocco di Tania Gori )

Yet again a small break from posting my Russian aquisitions, this time it's one of those modern TdM variations i adore and loveingly call Neo-Marseille.It's a full 78 cards deck with recognessable images and a true TdM structure executed in an angular almost entirely geometric style.

Althoug modern it is not really a "new one", it was published in 1989 in a big limited edition of 5000 decks as promotion for Italtel (a major telephone provider in Italy) The deck is bigger than most decks at at approx. 3-1/2 x 6 inches and that combined with it's stong colors and silver and gold ink (not gilded!) makes it a deck with a strong personality that stands out wherever you put it.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Where do you find these fantastic decks? Like you, I love these neo-Marseille.

    Alec

    ReplyDelete
  2. lots of searching and lots of luck results in lots of decks I would say

    ReplyDelete
  3. I AM TANIA I ILLUSTRADED THESE DECKS WHEN I WAS TWENTY SEVEN YEARS OLD AND I VERY HAPPY FOR YOUR BEAUTIFULL REMARKS. THANK YOU

    ReplyDelete